Monday, August 1, 2016

TRAVEL LIKE A MILLENNIAL


I’m going to Europe in a few weeks and I’m really excited. When I told my co-workers about this whole idea and then shared my itinerary they couldn’t believe it. They thought that vising Prague in the Czech Republic, Munich in Germany, Hallstatt and Salzburg in Austria, and Istanbul in Turkey was a very expensive vacation.
I realized that all my co-workers are baby boomers. Traveling is been in easier for our generation then any other. Getting away to a different state, country or continent has never been simpler. You owe it to yourself to get on Airbnb right now to see what kind of deals going on in the next date over. Often you can stay somewhere for 40 or 50 bucks a night. You’d be amazed at what a change of scenery can do for your mindset. Traveling is not expensive; it’s totally affordable.
Here are some tips from millennials:

Ignore these excuses:

“I have a family!”
Take them with you

“I can’t take off work to travel!”
Go on a weekend

“I don’t have the money to-”
Go camping

“I can’t stay anywhere overnight!”
Take a day trip.

Here’s the thing — your brain is designed to assimilate and ignore as many things as possible. This includes surroundings. How many times have you driven all the way to work without remembering the process?

When you find yourself in a new area, you don’t have time to stress about work or family or personal crises because your mind has SO many things to process.
Step out and get away from the noise. A little headspace goes a long way.
I’ll share lots of photos in Social Media from my trip to Europe. I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment